Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Current Chevy Trucks, SUV's, Crossovers & Vans > Avalanche
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2012, 04:43 PM
CF Beginner

Default radio problems

I have a 04 Avalanche, the radio speakers in the back stopped working then the passenger door speaker stopped working this was in a time frame of about a month, the drivers door still works to this day I thought it was the radio [ delco mid grade same as what was in it] and replaced it with another good used one and still have the same problem, I was told it may be the amp, I cant find a amp neither under the center console or behind the glove box. Any help ?? I tried replacing the passenger door speaker and nothing, just a light sound from the tweeter with the balance all the way to the right and the volume cranked up. Im lost on this one fellas????????????????????
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!

Last edited by BigDog60; 01-02-2012 at 05:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 08:28 AM
CF Beginner

Default radio not working

I have an 08 Aval....same problem with front speakers...did you find out what was wrong....?
Old 01-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

lv2play & BigDog60,

This could be a wiring issue, wiring short possibility. This is not a diagnosis, just a suggestion. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician. A certified technician should be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis with a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old 01-27-2012, 07:53 AM
CF Beginner

Check by the emergency brake to make sure the wires are not cut by the ratchet from the emergency brake, I was told this is a common problem. Also I had bad speakers, tried a couple on it and they were bad also so I took one out of my truck and hooked it up and they worked.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:22 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem with my front driver door speaker (08 Avy LT not bose)
Old 12-13-2012, 09:32 AM
CF Beginner

First Visually check all your fuses. Does rig have amp for stereo by any chance? It sounds like amp is bad and/or fuse is blown.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:05 PM
CF Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retcher View Post
First Visually check all your fuses. Does rig have amp for stereo by any chance? It sounds like amp is bad and/or fuse is blown.

No amp
Old 02-06-2014, 03:47 PM
CF Beginner

Ever find out what the root cause was? I have an 04 with the same issues. Back speaker was working but now all that works is the front tweeters. Replace head unit? Wiring? Fuse?
Old 02-07-2014, 08:13 AM
CF Beginner

My 2008 had the same problem.........it's the speakers....I replaced all the speakers and it works fine.....it is very simple...I watched a video on youtube about taking off the door panels,,,first one took 45 minutes to remove and replace the speaker and panel....the rest....15 minutes a door...simple......I replaced with Pioneers and they sound great.....
Old 02-11-2014, 04:16 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy 08 Avalanche Radio problems...locks too

I too just took my Avalanche to the mechanic, he says that both front and back door speakers need to be replaced , but they also work intermittently. Now I read that others with the same issue replace with no improvement....I think it's time to get rid of this thing...the door locks quit 3 years ago...work intermittent also...think there's a electronics issue with this truck...
Old 02-11-2014, 04:16 PM

Tags
02, 04, alanche, avalanche, chevorlet, drivers, quit, radio, rear, shooting, speakers, trouble, truck, work, working