Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

radio problems

Search this Thread

Old January 2nd, 2012, 4:43 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default radio problems

I have a 04 Avalanche, the radio speakers in the back stopped working then the passenger door speaker stopped working this was in a time frame of about a month, the drivers door still works to this day I thought it was the radio [ delco mid grade same as what was in it] and replaced it with another good used one and still have the same problem, I was told it may be the amp, I cant find a amp neither under the center console or behind the glove box. Any help ?? I tried replacing the passenger door speaker and nothing, just a light sound from the tweeter with the balance all the way to the right and the volume cranked up. Im lost on this one fellas????????????????????

Last edited by BigDog60; January 2nd, 2012 at 5:50 PM.
Old January 26th, 2012, 8:28 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default radio not working

I have an 08 Aval....same problem with front speakers...did you find out what was wrong....?
Old January 26th, 2012, 12:43 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> lv2play & BigDog60,

This could be a wiring issue, wiring short possibility. This is not a diagnosis, just a suggestion. I encourage you to have the vehicle inspected by a certified technician. A certified technician should be able to offer a more accurate diagnosis with a physical inspection.

Please keep us posted.

If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old January 27th, 2012, 7:53 AM
CF Beginner

Check by the emergency brake to make sure the wires are not cut by the ratchet from the emergency brake, I was told this is a common problem. Also I had bad speakers, tried a couple on it and they were bad also so I took one out of my truck and hooked it up and they worked.
Old November 18th, 2012, 8:22 PM
CF Beginner

I have the same problem with my front driver door speaker (08 Avy LT not bose)
Old December 13th, 2012, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

First Visually check all your fuses. Does rig have amp for stereo by any chance? It sounds like amp is bad and/or fuse is blown.
Old December 14th, 2012, 4:05 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Retcher
First Visually check all your fuses. Does rig have amp for stereo by any chance? It sounds like amp is bad and/or fuse is blown.

No amp
Old February 6th, 2014, 3:47 PM
CF Beginner

Ever find out what the root cause was? I have an 04 with the same issues. Back speaker was working but now all that works is the front tweeters. Replace head unit? Wiring? Fuse?
Old February 7th, 2014, 8:13 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 2008 had the same problem.........it's the speakers....I replaced all the speakers and it works fine.....it is very simple...I watched a video on youtube about taking off the door panels,,,first one took 45 minutes to remove and replace the speaker and panel....the rest....15 minutes a door...simple......I replaced with Pioneers and they sound great.....
Old February 11th, 2014, 4:16 PM
CF Beginner

Unhappy 08 Avalanche Radio problems...locks too

I too just took my Avalanche to the mechanic, he says that both front and back door speakers need to be replaced , but they also work intermittently. Now I read that others with the same issue replace with no improvement....I think it's time to get rid of this thing...the door locks quit 3 years ago...work intermittent also...think there's a electronics issue with this truck...