Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Rear Camera not working

Search this Thread

Old September 18th, 2013, 3:06 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear Camera not working

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum, anyway here's my problem the rear camera on my 07 Avalanche Z71 is not working, I've read other posts where they have a black screen but that's not my problem,my screen lights up an I can turn it off an on adjust brightness an contrast,my screen is snowy like an old TV out of tune and you have to move the rabbit ears to get a picture.. I can sometimes see some faint picture lines but that's it, I've checked the connectors to the camera an under the pass seat they all seem to be ok, any ideas or suggestions before I have to ultimately go to the dealer...??? thanks in advance

Mark
Old September 18th, 2013, 4:38 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Mark,
Welcome to the forum
I have head that some cameras can get moisture in them, that might be something to check on yours, particularly if where you are has had rain or you vehicle was recently washed...
When you checked the connections, did you unplug and re-plug them in, sometimes just a wigging or pushing on them won't get the connection back like a disconnect and reconnect will...
Old September 18th, 2013, 4:58 PM
New User

thanks for the response I have washed the vehicle but didnt really blast the camera area with high pressure, I did disconnect the plug-ins an plug them back but I still get a snowy pic
Old September 20th, 2013, 5:40 PM
New User

I'm still puzzled about this issue if you or anyone else has any ideas i would really like to hear them..just looking for some help ..thanks
Old September 25th, 2013, 12:57 PM
New User

Just an update to my camera problem,went to my dealer, turns out the lens fell out, replaced the camera an all is well,guess I need to pay closer attn to the equipment on my truck,cause it looked fine to me ??? anyway in2pro thanks for your help an advice..