Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900
Old July 29th, 2015, 2:28 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Wheels and Tires
Print Wikipost

replaced autoride shocks and compressor, now getting codes like crazy!

Search this Thread

Old May 16th, 2013, 10:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question replaced autoride shocks and compressor, now getting codes like crazy!

We replaced the air compressor and autoride shocks on our 2007 Avalanche. Used Arnott OEM rebuilt shocks, and a brand new Arnott compressor. Truck has never been this stout! However, now the Service Stabilitrak System error code is showing, and the ABS light is on! No problems with them before, just after we did the shocks and compressor. And I mean right after, as in started the truck to take it for a ride to make sure Autoride was working. As I said, the autoride works great, but, it is showing these codes and the lights are on the dash. Now what can be wrong? Was looking at buying a new Diamond Edition since it is its last year, but, with the luck we have had with this one in the past 1 1/2 years, really think we might wait for the 2014 Silverado to come out.
Old May 20th, 2013, 7:15 AM
CF Beginner

bump. any resolution to this? im having the same exact issue.
Old October 10th, 2013, 11:08 PM
CF Beginner

I have just run into the same problem wondering if u found a solution
Old November 11th, 2013, 9:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Default Autoride Service Stabilitrak System Error Code

This is a problem related to the abs located on the frame rail,there's actually one on the left rear and right rear that will inadvertentlydisconnect as the installer replaces the shocks. Below is a copy and paste fromthe Arnott FAQ about it.<o></o>
<o></o>

Iinstalled Arnott's Bilstein shocks (AS-2127, SK-2126, or SK-2487) however, nowmy ABS and Stability Traction control light is on. What do I do?

There’s an ABS sensor along the frame rail near thetop mount on the shock. It is possible that this may be disconnected. If it is,plug it back in and the message should go away.<o></o>
Old November 11th, 2013, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by ArnottInc
This is a problem related to the abs located on the frame rail,there's actually one on the left rear and right rear that will inadvertentlydisconnect as the installer replaces the shocks. Below is a copy and paste fromthe Arnott FAQ about it.<o></o>
<o></o>

Iinstalled Arnott's Bilstein shocks (AS-2127, SK-2126, or SK-2487) however, nowmy ABS and Stability Traction control light is on. What do I do?

There’s an ABS sensor along the frame rail near thetop mount on the shock. It is possible that this may be disconnected. If it is,plug it back in and the message should go away.<o></o>
That is a fact, I have the standard shocks and struts, and when I replaced them I did indeed knock the connector loose and got the stabilitrac codes/warnings... checked all my work over and found the loose connection at the top of the frame rail as described...
Old August 16th, 2022, 4:32 PM
CF Beginner

I just picked up a 2011-LTZ, with 100K miles.
It has the Autoride system. When I go over tracks or certain roads, the truck is rocking like a boat.
How do you troubleshoot the Autoride system, to determine if it is the compressor, shocks, airline, relay???
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you!!!