Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

several major issues.

Search this Thread

Old January 28th, 2017, 10:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default several major issues.

Good evening,

I have a 2006 Chevy Avalanche 1500 LT 4X4, it was purchased used less than two years ago at approximately 70,000 miles from an actual chevy dealership currently have 115,000 miles. As of today I have had to replace the right wheel hub, entire brake system, a transmission, water pump, tailgate locking mechanism, the parking brake, and now I am leaking fuel due to a rusted out fuel pump. Before I had even made the first months payment the water pump blew so it was towed into a nearby dealership who stated to me "I do not recommend putting an entire tank of fuel in the truck as your fuel straps and system is hanging on by a thread." According to the mechanic the underneath of my truck was reported to be highly rusted out, due to this it was than towed to the dealership in which I bought it who clamied to have replaced the fuel system. As I stated earlier I now have to replace the fuel pump from it being severely rusted out. The original dealership stated that "its normal for an 06 to have this much rust." They refused to show me any state inspection records just the carfax. I personally do not believe an inspection was done, and I doubt that an 06 should have this much rust damage, nor should it have been sold. Anyway I have also reported to them since day one that my stability traction control has a tendency to activate causing the engine to not accelerate until I either turn off the system or I back off the gas as well as a rubbing sound starts. I have physically looked and nothing rubs. What would be causing that? The dealership states nothing is wrong with it. Also with this model what other issues should I start to prepare myself for? I love my truck when its actually on the road but unfortunately do not have the option to trade in or sell. Any and all suggestions or advice is welcome. Thank you.
Old January 29th, 2017, 8:33 AM
CF Active Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where do you live ?

I watch youtube repair videos of mechanics that live in the rust belt .

Very glad that I do not live in that part of the country . Rust is not a huge issue hear .

From the way you describe things , you may be better off selling it or trading it in on something else ?

God bless
Wyr