Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

tire pressure sensor 07 avalanche

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2013, 1:22 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire pressure sensor 07 avalanche

dash started alerting me of tire pressure being low. i had air added and all tires checked. (used nitrogen) now every time i get in truck it is telling me to check tire pressure and says pressure is off on all 4 tires. would the nitrogen have something to with this or do think the sensor may be bad?
I have had 3 days and i'm aggravated!!!!!
Old February 3rd, 2013, 4:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

its not nitrogen related.

What are they setting the tires to?

Does the DICenter display a tire pressure number or dashes ---?

Does it specify which tire is low?
Old February 3rd, 2013, 4:38 PM
Administrator

Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts

kekerr75
Welcome to the forum... you might want to swing by a tire shop and have them read the battery status of your sensors.
Have your tires been rotated recently, is it possible they were not learned properly?
Old February 5th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> kekerr75,

I agree with the other posters, this may be related to the sensor. I also encourage you to have the vehicle inspected.

Please keep us posted.

Louis
GM Customer Service