Avalanche Chevy's first real SUT, combining the interior room of an SUV and the cargo ability of a pickup truck.

Chevrolet Avalanche
Platform: GMT 805 & 900

Zerks Locations and Rhino Lining

Search this Thread

Old June 2nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zerks Locations and Rhino Lining

Alright so my first oil change on my avalanche is coming up and I like to do the oil, lube, and filter. Anyone know where the zerks are for the lube?

Also I plan on rhino lining the bed of my truck. Anyone done it before and if so can you show me some pics? I cant stand the rubber mat because I have a phobia of water and moisture underneeth the bed doing some long term damage down the road. Are there any considerations to keep in mind when doing a rhino lining to the bed and tailage?

Thanks!

Mike M
2008 Chevy Avalanche LTZ
Old June 4th, 2008, 3:45 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Zerks Locations and Rhino Lining

No idea on the locations of the grease fittings, but usually on top of the spindles, on the steerings joints, suspension joints, etc.[/align][/align]My best advice to you about the rhino lining is to have it professionally sprayed in. Its like a paintjob. If its done wrong it looks like crap.[/align]
Old June 4th, 2008, 4:41 PM
CF Beginner

I will have to have a good look at the suspension to make sure I get all the zerks. I was doing some research and apparaently, there we like 11 or 12 on the 1st gen of avalanches and only 2 on the new tahoes, so im thinking it will probably be only 2 on the new Avalanche[/align]
As for the RL...I need to think about it for a little longer...I want it done asap but i am on a tight budget.[/align]
On a better note, I found an E85 station on the outskirt of Boston, so I can't wait till it opens and see what the prices and difference will be like.[/align]
Old August 30th, 2008, 9:49 PM
Super Moderator

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

In some instances a rubber cover is over the zirk head. In some instances a plug, either rubber pull-out, or threaded cap is in the threaded hole where the zirk belongs. It varies some from parts manufacturers, so it helps to do some research and know where the zirks belong before you do the lube job so you don't miss anything.

As to the spray-in liner,(Rhinoliner) I have one, and it rocks. My problem on my last pickup was rust-up under the drop-in liner between the bed and liner, where condensation and other moisture, salt, and dirt gather. My liner did more damage in the long run than it prevented. The spray-on liner prevents this, but I must agree with Eurogold that you should have it professionally done. It should run you around 400$, and worth every cent.
Old June 26th, 2010, 2:18 PM
CF Beginner

Do you have any pictures of the RL? They would be greatly appreciated!