Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

90 corsica 3.1 no fuel pressure

Old June 24th, 2007, 6:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 corsica 3.1 no fuel pressure

I put a new fuel pump and filter on. Now it tries to start but stalls before you can hit the gas. It will start fine using starter fluid in the air intake so the ignition system seems ok. After i try to start it there is no pressure at the test valve but after i turn the key off and back on there is plenty of pressure. The fuel pump runs as described. Is the pump supposed to kick back on after it starts? It is losing pressure for some reason. I am sure it will run if the pressure would stay up. I also changed the pressure regulator that the fuel line runs in to. Just before the pressure regulator there is a round drum type of thing that the fuel line runs to. Could this be a type of regulator too? How does the fuel system keep up its pressure. Could a hole or leak in the gas tank affect the pressure? Or could it be a leak in the vacuum system?
Old September 4th, 2007, 9:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 90 corsica 3.1 no fuel pressure

i had same situation with my pickup and found this one, http://www.2carpros.com/forum/fuel-p...t49203.html..i don't change my chevrolet pickup fuel pressure regulator yet, but hopefully it should be by tomorrow.. precisely, a hole or leak in the gas tank will certainly affect pressure..you can search for manuals too.