Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

Stalling and OBD trouble. 93 Lumina 3.1

Search this Thread

Old March 22nd, 2011, 8:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalling and OBD trouble. 93 Lumina 3.1

Two problems with at 93 lumina 3.1 The MIL light is on but scan tool won't scan, The DLC has power but the pin that should have twelve volts only has five, and the other has about 4.3 volts which i'm sure is why the code reader won't work. I attempted to run a fused 12v jumper to the coresponding pin but still wouldn't scan. . The larger problem - the engine stalls out. It starts right back up runs for a bit and then stalls out again. While driving it will cut out(almost stall) and then continue to drive, occasionally it will cut out and buck for a bit but then continue to drive normal. The problem is a lot worse when there is moisture in the air. Previous to this problem it was stalling, last fall, I replaced the plugs, wires, and coils thinking it was spark related, then checked the fuel pressure, it was at 10psi, then replaced the filter, pressure regulator and finally the fuel pump. It ran great all winter till spring this year and now its stalling. Fuel pressure now is running at 38-39psi (normal range is 41-48). I thought it might be a vac leak and found an air plenum leak by spraying starter fluid, I replaced that gasket and now after fixing the leak the check engine light comes on and the engine continues to stall, the check engine light was not on before the air plenum leak was fixed. I also attempted to unplug the sensors (map, egr, ect.) to see if that made a difference and it did not. Any ideas??