Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

Steering Column Wiring info needed '92 lumina

Search this Thread

Old September 10th, 2009, 2:50 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering Column Wiring info needed '92 lumina

I have a '92 Lumina with the 3.1L V6.

I have just replaced the ignition cylinder in the steering column due to the old one being stuck in the run position.

I have it all back together now and I believe that a combination of grease and maybe some metal shavings(from having to re-tap the steering wheel puller holes to match the threads of the bolts in my kit) has caused a short.

I believe it is for the buzzer, but just in case, I'll ask....
What circuit is the white, plastic pin that slides through a hole to the side of the ignition cylinder attached to?

If the 2 wires(I believe) that go to this pin are part of the buzzer circuit or at least not for anything important, then I will probably just pull the other end of those wires out of the harness and cover them up. I really don't feel like pulling the steering wheel and tilt steering assembly apart again to fix the problem at the source or to even find out what color the wires are.

Thanks for any help.
Old September 10th, 2009, 3:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found a rather crude wiring diagram.

Is this pin I'm talking about called the "Ignition Key Warning Switch"? If so the two wires I need to disconnect coming out of the steering column are light green and tan right? Tan coming from the left front door jamb switch and the light green going to the chime module?

Let me know if this is incorrect.