Beretta, Corsica, & pre-1995 Lumina Among this grouping, these three cars, while being similar to each other, offered something for everyone, from a sports coupe to a roomy sedan.
Platform: L-Body

Took a picture/AIR CHARGE TEMP sensor.....

Search this Thread

Old June 26th, 2008, 5:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took a picture/AIR CHARGE TEMP sensor.....

Is THIS the AIR CHARGE TEMPERATURE sensor (3.1 liter)? EDIT( I now think this is the MAP sensor ).. where is the AIR CHARGE TEMP SENSOR?! )

The car has been driving me nuts. First start of the day it fires right up and drives fine till I park it. When I go to leave it starts OK but dies when going into drive unless I give it a good amount of gas. And will keep dying the entire ride home if I let it drop near idle speeds. This is NOT the torque converters solenoid. The only code I get is a 23 which is AIR CHARGE TEMP SENSOR. Do you guys think this sounds like it would cause this problem? Would a bad ignition control module throw the computer a code? I suspect it may be the module because from what I read they can act up when warm...any other suggestions? Remember, it only seems to do it after it gets hot.. grrrr
Old June 26th, 2008, 9:29 PM
CF Monarch

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RE: Took a picture/AIR CHARGE TEMP sensor.....

Most of the time, IAT sensorss (ACTS) are not that elaborate. Look for it further down the intake tube toward the filter.
Old June 26th, 2008, 10:07 PM
CF Beginner

There is nothing else between there and the Air filter. Just the sensor ON the air filter box...

Im suspecting my problem is also being caused by a bad coolant temp sensor. My coolant temp light NEVER goes off.. even though the car isnt throwing a code for it...

Do you happen to know where this is located? thanks
Old June 27th, 2008, 9:17 AM
CF Monarch

Thats located right above themiddle of the exhaust mainifold typically. The part is called "temperature sender".[/align]
Old June 27th, 2008, 1:16 PM
CF Beginner

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

Thats located right above themiddle of the exhaust mainifold typically. The part is called "temperature sender".[/align]
Thanks
Old June 27th, 2008, 2:46 PM
CF Monarch

You found it?
Old June 27th, 2008, 3:45 PM
CF Beginner

EDIT: I found the sensor, turns out its the one on the air cleaner. Advance auto parts has two listed though, an air cleaner one and one that threads to the engine somewhere. That confused the hell out of me!

I took the coolant temp sensor off too... my temp gauge works fine but my coolant temperature light is ALWAYS on.. do you think I should replace the sensor? Im pretty sure this car just has a single unit. Not a sensor AND a sender... I would think its fine though since its giving me a temperature. And I know its accurate because once it hits the temp the thermostat should open at it begins to drop.

ORIGINAL: EuroGoldLS

You found it?