Bolt EV New Chevrolet Bolt forum to discuss GM's budget Bolt EV with 200+ mile electric range!
Chevrolet Bolt
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: ClipperCreek

Look Ma, No Gas: 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Offers 238 Miles of Pure Electric Range

Old September 15th, 2016, 12:59 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look Ma, No Gas: 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Offers 238 Miles of Pure Electric Range

Look Ma, No Gas: 2017 Chevrolet Bolt EV Offers 238 Miles of Pure Electric Range

According to Chevrolet, the average daily commute is 40 miles, which means the 2017 Bolt EV can get you to work and back home almost six times on a single full charge.

Read the rest on the ChevroletForum.com homepage. >>
Old September 29th, 2016, 12:33 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maybe when the wells run dry

Currently own a '16 Silverado as the workhorse; '15 Traverse as the people mover and a '16 new Malibu as the grocery-getter. Next vehicle replacement will definitely be a Chevy, but it sure won't be a Bolt! I might consider replacement of the Malibu with a Malibu hybrid - might even consider a Volt, but currently the only items I consider worthy to rely upon that use a battery as it's sole power source are electronics and flashlights. The Bolt may work fine for some people, but 3 items in your promo scare me: 1. Estimated range - the day I achieve the est. EPA mileage labeled on any of my Chevys, routinely using A/C and power sucking accessories, is the day I would consider buying a Bolt based upon it's labeled est. range 2. The wording: "Using an available 240-volt charger" and one look at the multiple contacts on that gas nozzle shaped charger connector - that says to me another $3000+ for the charger and another $1000+ for and additional dedicated 240v line - that is - unless Chevy plans to provide the charger for free with an up to $1000 credit for line installation and lastly 3. The up to $7500. tax credit - I was actually considering buy the Volt when there was a $7500 credit from the US plus an additional $7500 matching tax credit from my State until I discovered that I could only deduct it from the final tax for the year to each and that the unused balance was not transferable to the following year - if I earned enough to pay over $15,000 a year as final income taxes I wouldn't be buying battery cars, I'd be buying Caddys.

Search this Thread