Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

94 Chevrolet Camaro 5.7L lacks power and misfires

Search this Thread

Old May 15th, 2014, 4:35 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car has new coil and wires. The dealership that the kid took it to right before I bought it said there was a fuel pressure drop when you hit the gas. They told him they replaced the plug wires, cap and rotor assembly, and fuel filter. I believe that it is truly timing related. The car will not start all the time and when it does the rpm's jump all over the place and it runs like ****. It will turn over and not start but if you wait a minute or two it will fire and it will also diesel on occasion. I want to believe that the dealership did something foolish like not properly seat the rotor assembly but I haven had time to look at it. It pisses me off though because when I test drove the car a month before the purchase it ran decent. So no it is not fixed yet. I realy do not want to trap door the trunk for the fuel pump or drop the tank. If any one has actually fixed the similar issues above let me know. I do not want to replace stuff I don't have to.
Old May 15th, 2014, 9:30 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like all the work was done before you bought the car and it was fine?

A dealer tells you what to change and you don't want to do it. and you keep thinking it's something else.

Are the plug wires hooked up correctly or crossed? Are any arc'ing?
Old June 1st, 2014, 7:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is now fixed and runs great. It wasn't fuel related. The distributor was worn causing it to misfire and fall on its face. Thanks for your help.
Old June 1st, 2014, 2:18 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by august.jami@gmail.com
My car is now fixed and runs great. It wasn't fuel related. The distributor was worn causing it to misfire and fall on its face. Thanks for your help.
Cool. Probably hurt your pocketbook some paying to have it done.

At least it should run good for now. How many miles?