Camaro This classic Pony Car, the Camaro left the lineup in 2002 and was thought to be gone forever, but is made its long-awaited return in the 2010 model year with a 300 HP V6 and a 426 HP V8 SS

2016 Camaro
Platform: F-Body & Zeta.

Catch and Release!

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2016, 5:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Catch and Release!

Hey all! Kinda new hear. I've been to other forums and nobody seems to know whats going on with my trans. Its never been heard of before. So here goes! I have a 1995 Z-28 4l60e auto. I bought this car, Beautiful car not a scratch on it, for a 1000 bux! It had a rod knock. I rebuilt the engine and runs great now. Now the transmission wasn't in all of that great of shape either. 3-4 clutch was gone, so I rebuilt it too. Even before the rebuild on the trans, its had this problem. Although the trans runs perfect in all gears and everything, it catches and releases coasting down a hill. Better put, wether I am in cruise mode or not, coasting down a hill, the trans will act like it went into neutral then all of a sudden catch again. I can see the rpm's drop then catch again. It feels exactly like you are pumping the brakes going down a hill in perfect succession! It doesn't jerk or anything, but very noticeable. Then when I get on level ground or climb a hill, It acts perfect, flawless! I did notice that if I lightly step on the brake going down a hill without actually braking meaning I touch the brakes just enough to activate the brake switch to make the brake lights come on, it doesn't do this anymore! It acts normal. During the rebuild, I didn't replace any of the solenoids. I didn't think it was necessary! The torque is new and all the clutches are new! Any ideas? I sure would appreciate it! Could it be the TCC solenoid?