Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

1984 Caprice Estate bolt pattern

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2016, 4:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 Caprice Estate bolt pattern

Hello all,

I'm hoping that all of the wise people out there can clarify this. I just picked up a 1984 Caprice Estate and am in the process of cleaning it up to make a nice driver. In looking for wheels I've run into a roadblock. Everything that I've seen indicates that the wheel bolt pattern is 5 x 4.75. I got a set of 5 x 4.75 rallies and they just don't fit. I measured the studs and it looks like it's a 5 x 5 pattern. Am I measuring wrong or is it possible that this is a 5x5 bolt pattern, despite all of the info that seems to say otherwise?

Any insight is appreciated - thanks!
Old January 22nd, 2017, 3:09 PM
CF Active Member

You measuring center to center of the lug bolts ? Front or rear or both ? Disk or drum brakes ? What are the rallies listed for ? Chevorlet ?

God bless
Wyr
Old July 11th, 2017, 3:03 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Buckeye_2000
Hello all,

I'm hoping that all of the wise people out there can clarify this. I just picked up a 1984 Caprice Estate and am in the process of cleaning it up to make a nice driver. In looking for wheels I've run into a roadblock. Everything that I've seen indicates that the wheel bolt pattern is 5 x 4.75. I got a set of 5 x 4.75 rallies and they just don't fit. I measured the studs and it looks like it's a 5 x 5 pattern. Am I measuring wrong or is it possible that this is a 5x5 bolt pattern, despite all of the info that seems to say otherwise?

Any insight is appreciated - thanks!
I know this is an older post, but perhaps this may help someone else.

By rights, it should be the 5 X 5 lug pattern on a wagon. At least all of the full size 80's GM wagons I've ever seen have been.

Measuring the lug pattern on a 5 lug I usually go from center (skip a stud) to the outside of the stud, NOT center to center.

This has proven for me to be the most accurate method.

Hope this helps.