Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

95 caprice low oil pressure when warm and coolant in oil leak help!!!

Search this Thread

Old July 21st, 2013, 12:15 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 caprice low oil pressure when warm and coolant in oil leak help!!!

I have a 95 caprice with a 350 that I'm having some issues with figuring out what the problem is first when I start it up the oil pressure is fine but when I drive for a bit it drops but there's oil in the car and I have a small leak in the engine oil cooler lines but I notice that there was coolant in the leak can someone one give me some ideas on what could be the problem
Old July 24th, 2013, 9:17 AM
CF Junior Member

Is your Caprice a tow pack car (one mechanical cooling fan, and one electric fan)?
If so the rad has an engine oil cooler in it, and may be contaminating the engine oil, and vise versa. How bout the dip stick, any water on that?
Old September 24th, 2013, 1:21 PM
CF Beginner

My 95 had the oil cooler and is not a towing package car, but I agree with the assessment that your radiator is the issue. I eliminated my radiator cooler and installed an aftermarket unit similar to a trans cooler rather than have the possibility of coolant contaminating my freshly rebuilt 5.7. As far as oil pressure dropping, how much does it drop? Some drop after it warms up is normal since oil is thicker when cold and that increases the pressure.