Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

Engine swap

Search this Thread

Old May 22nd, 2016, 8:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine swap

Just swapped out a stock 305 for a 350 in my 93 caprice. Can feel the difference in power, but now I'm noticing a hiccup when I accelerate. Wondering if it could be a fuel injection problem...any advice?
Old May 26th, 2016, 5:48 AM
CF Beginner

Hey! Sorry for the bad English, I use a translator. Perhaps failures when you press on the gas pedal of a badly exhibited ignition (coil and candles) on a new engine 350m. Perhaps distributor in bad condition.

I would draw your attention to the fuel pump, if it is stock, then you need to put a more powerful fuel pump, just try to change the engine control module, it may be necessary to change to one that set 350 engine
Old May 26th, 2016, 5:49 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by MaximGo
Hey! Sorry for the bad English, I use a translator. Perhaps failures when you press on the gas pedal of a badly exhibited ignition (coil and candles) on a new engine 350m. Perhaps distributor in bad condition.

I would draw your attention to the fuel pump, if it is stock, then you need to put a more powerful fuel pump, just try to change the engine control module, it may be necessary to change to one that set 350 engine
So, basically, it would be best to change out the ecm, fuel pump, and distributor?
Old May 28th, 2016, 4:00 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Antoine Childs
So, basically, it would be best to change out the ecm, fuel pump, and distributor?
I'd start by checking the distributor ignition and exhibiting the ignition stroboscope
Old May 28th, 2016, 4:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it might be an injector problem ! did you try running some injector cleaner in the tank ? it also might be the fuel regulator too , or no vacuum going to it ! if it has a carburetor then it could be the accelerator pump inside the carburetor ! did you check the fuel filter, it might be partly clogged !
Old January 22nd, 2017, 3:27 PM
CF Active Member

My bet is you need the " computer " from the donor car .

God bless
Wyr