Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

H.E.I. ignition conversion

Old February 18th, 2016, 10:57 PM
CF Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

10 gauge if you can fit the terminal or min 14 gauge .
Old February 19th, 2016, 7:20 AM
CF Junior Member

Why not use the original 12 volt wire that connected to the positive side of the coil? The inside small post on the starter next to the block supplies battery voltage when the starter solenoid is engaged. Your coil may have had two wires hooked to the positive side. One of them went to the starter. It`s alright to leave or remove it.
Old June 7th, 2016, 7:42 PM
CF Junior Member

Default H.E.I. conversion on 69 Impala convertible

I have the distributor all built up with a new cap, rotor and have a set of 8mm plug wires. I have the new harness materials all ready to fabricate when I get the rest of the needed wiring information. It is all ready to install, but I still need to find out which of the two terminals on the distributor cap gets the +12 volts. These 2 terminals are located on the underneath side of the distributor right next to the 3 terminal plug that goes from the cap to the distributor body. In one post the author said one terminal is for a tach and the other is the +12 volt input, but which is which? Does anyone out there know the answer or could someone supply a wiring diagram so I could figure it out myself?

Harv

Search this Thread