Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old August 21st, 2006, 3:11 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake manifold

Hey everyone. I need some help. I just got a 1990 caprice classic brogham. it has emmissions controls. I had to replace the thermostat and to make a long story short i cracked the intake manifold. [sm=headbang.gif]Im trying to track one down but i keep etting asked if its a 2 or 4 barrel. I havent had a chance to take of the throttle body yet to find out. I was wondering if any of you would know of the top of your head witch it is. Id appriciate any help
Old August 21st, 2006, 3:27 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: intake manifold

ORIGINAL: bgman3

Hey everyone. I need some help. I just got a 1990 caprice classic brogham. it has emmissions controls. I had to replace the thermostat and to make a long story short i cracked the intake manifold. [sm=headbang.gif]Im trying to track one down but i keep etting asked if its a 2 or 4 barrel. I havent had a chance to take of the throttle body yet to find out. I was wondering if any of you would know of the top of your head witch it is. Id appriciate any help
Is it the original motor? I'm almost positive it's not carburated but throttle body injected.
Old August 21st, 2006, 3:32 AM
CF Beginner

Yeah its the origonal motor. And it is throtel body.
Old August 21st, 2006, 3:34 AM
CF Beginner

And i appologize in advance if i dont explain myself clearly. I realy dont know much about this stuff. Ive always been into forieng cars myself. So it will take me a while to figure what the hell im even trying to say.

Sorry
Old August 21st, 2006, 4:00 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a problem at all.

I'm don't really know if throttle bodies have barrles like a carburator does cause I honestly don't know much about carbs. But I beleive it's the number holes the throttle body has. Like my older s-10 is throttle body injected and it had 2 injectors, 2 butterflies, and two large holes so I guess you could call that a 2 barrel. I beleive yours is the same but I'll search around tomorrow and see what I can find. Stay tuned!!!
Old August 21st, 2006, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

well good news. I got a manifold ordered from some junk yard in illinios today. so hopefully this one will work and i can actualy get my car on the road.
Old January 5th, 2009, 4:28 PM
CF Beginner

2 and 4 barrel refers only to carbuerators. if u have throttle body injection, 2 or 4 barrel does not apply