Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

94-95-96 caprice help

Search this Thread

Old November 28th, 2011, 7:54 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94-95-96 caprice help

Ok guys, im new here and this is my first post. Just need a little guidance from those that are in the know.

A little back story...

I have had an 87 Taylor 21' jet boat for about 5 years now, its fine the way it is, but you all know i want more. So i pretty much ripped it apart. Looking at rebuilding the BBC 454 thats in it. Possibly boring it out, Tunnel ram, heads, cam, intake, probably pistons and crank as well. The whole deal.

Back to my questions. I figured since i was redoing the boat i needed a cool tow rig to accompany it, and ive settled on a mid 90s caprice wagon.
I dont want 22'' wheels, i dont want it lowered or some crazy paint job.
What i do want is a monster sleeper that will pull my boat on the weekends and get groceries mid week, i want to be able to walk the ricers in their fast and furious mobiles, and it would be nice to have enough umph to get that "suck you back in your seat feeling".

So my question to you all is where to start? Id like to have most of the details of the engine rebuild, wheels, suspension ect ect worked out before i actually purchase the car. i like to put in my homework before i spend money on a new toy. Also if anyone has any inside info on a decent caprice wagon for sale i may be interested, dosent have to be perfect as i plan on doing a fair bit of work.

Thanks for any help that can be offered in advance.