Caprice This full sized sedan gained infamous recognition as being the choice of many police forces nationwide.
Platform: B-Body

post your caprice! (pic thread)

Old August 25th, 2016, 8:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic of my 87

Just got the windows tinted

Originally Posted by cudablack2004
not discriminating against other chevrolet vehicles but out particular model is sometimes over looked...time to show them we have style too! lookin to have fun with this thread so please no trouble or smack talk keep all negative comments to yourself....post one exterior pic, one interior, and one under hood pic and mention where u from and ur name also... ill start first!

name is cuda(noob) from maryland!

Old November 26th, 2016, 11:11 PM
CF Beginner

Default 1996 Caprice Classic

1996 Caprice Classic
4.3 V8 L99
95000 miles to date
All stock, I think the spark plugs are from factory as well.
Leather interior is 97% immaculate

Old March 2nd, 2017, 7:26 AM
CF Beginner

Greetings. I write to you from distant Russia. I've already put my Caprice here, which I try restore on their own. The recovery process is going. a lot of welding work on the body was conducted. I never thought about the VIN code, but recently decided to examine the labels on the door. In general, judging by the fact that I wrote the other owners Caprices in Russia I have one of the first cars that were released in a series of. January 29, 1990

Picture quality is not very good

Old October 5th, 2017, 12:19 PM
CF Beginner

Mine has been getting a bit of cosmetic treatment. I got this lower half for $40, but I also had to rebuild the lower 6 inches behind the wheel.It's fugly, but it's coming along. The entire panel was gone behind the wheel about 2/3 of the way up to the body molding. I have to rebuild the bottom of the panel because it was so rusty and I didn't have $600 for a new quarter. Not a bad job considering this is my first time welding and this is one of the hardest jobs to do on a car. I'm generally pleased with it under the circumstances. I probably should have started with something easier, but I want this thing on the road and I didn't want stuff falling out of my trunk. In an effort at frugality, most of the patched-in metal (besides the silver part) is the outer casing from my defunct refrigerator. I miked it and it was the right gauge, so why not? It's cheaper than $4 a square foot at Ace Hardware.

My other mistake was in rebuilding the lip of the inner fender, I welded the patch to the outside of the fender. In retrospect, I should have done it on the inside to I could keep the skin on and line everything up right the first time. I had to almost cut the lip repair off and lower it about 1/4" in places. So that's experience, which you get from making mistakes.

The latest repair was in the front inner part of the fender, right above the frame. It had rusted out about a 2" hole which allowed salt water in under the back seat. That rotted about an 8 X 8 inch square under the seat, which is now patched and will be painted up with Rust-oleum, hopefully tonight. After that, I'm thinking some bedliner paint and then undercoating. If you can't make nice welds, hide the ugly ones.

Last edited by JayC91; October 5th, 2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: add text
Old October 29th, 2017, 5:49 PM
CF Beginner

Greetings from cold Russia again. Earlier I sent here my Chevrolet caprice '91. What now stands in the garage, now I bought a new one :-) This time the Chevrolet caprice is '78 (or 79). Engine 5.7 carburetor need repair, the interior requires repair (door covers on the rear doors do not exist, the ceiling has become unstuck, the seats have to be cleaned, some switches are missing, the windshield is cracked and somehow glued, the glove box does not close), automatic transmission requires repair, the body requires welding (you can hope that the frame and suspension are in good condition), that some problems with the documents, the car was delivered from Moscow by means of a tow truck to Rostov-on-Don (in which I live) 1000 km to the south.

Old October 30th, 2017, 6:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MaximGo
Greetings from cold Russia again. Earlier I sent here my Chevrolet caprice '91. What now stands in the garage, now I bought a new one :-) This time the Chevrolet caprice is '78 (or 79). Engine 5.7 carburetor need repair, the interior requires repair (door covers on the rear doors do not exist, the ceiling has become unstuck, the seats have to be cleaned, some switches are missing, the windshield is cracked and somehow glued, the glove box does not close), automatic transmission requires repair, the body requires welding (you can hope that the frame and suspension are in good condition), that some problems with the documents, the car was delivered from Moscow by means of a tow truck to Rostov-on-Don (in which I live) 1000 km to the south.
Visit Facebook. There are Chevy Caprice Fan Pages.

Greets from PL.
Old November 17th, 2017, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default My 1988 in Black

My 1988 Caprice Classic
Old March 6th, 2019, 2:37 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

I like those "dog dish" type "hubcaps".
Old March 6th, 2019, 2:46 PM
New User

I'm also in TAXachusetts. Our retired Fire Chief has one of these mid-90s Caprices... in a beautiful light blue.

I now have two (2) 1989 white Caprice Broughams, both with the F41 sport suspension option. Many folks confuse the F41 with the F40, which is the "heavy-duty cop-car suspension". Maybe there are some common parts to each of these packages, but the packages are different.

Last edited by Jerry Chase; March 6th, 2019 at 2:47 PM. Reason: better "wrap-around"
Old March 6th, 2019, 2:50 PM
New User

Tomasz, Your Caprice looks better than most Caprices here in the USA.

Yours really looks great!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: post your caprice! (pic thread)