Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

2014 Captiva LTZ belt squeal...

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2016, 8:07 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2014 Captiva LTZ belt squeal...

Car runs rough at about 1500rpms...turning from a stop seems rougher than it should be. Turn on the a/c or heat and at 1500rpms, there is a belt squeal that doesn't go away unless I take my foot off the gas or increase my rpms above 1500-2000...it's obnoxious and the dealer says without throwing a code, they can't do anything, nor do they drive it to reproduce the noise...idling it does t make the noise...only driving...what could it be?
Old April 27th, 2016, 4:49 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dyan Lojewski
Car runs rough at about 1500rpms...turning from a stop seems rougher than it should be. Turn on the a/c or heat and at 1500rpms, there is a belt squeal that doesn't go away unless I take my foot off the gas or increase my rpms above 1500-2000...it's obnoxious and the dealer says without throwing a code, they can't do anything, nor do they drive it to reproduce the noise...idling it does t make the noise...only driving...what could it be?
I realize how concerning this is for you, Dyan. It's however great to hear you've proactively reached out to the dealership to get their input. If you'd like, we'd be glad to follow up with them and research this in greater depth. Our team is available via private message and only need your VIN, mileage, contact information, and the name of the involved dealer to move forward.

Thank you,

Jasmine
Chevrolet Customer Care