Captiva The Captiva has been sold worldwide since 2006 and now comes to the US to replace the Saturn Vue
Chevy Captiva
Platform: Theta

Captiva

Search this Thread

Old February 12th, 2012, 5:01 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Captiva

I saw one of these for the first time a few weeks ago and would love to find one here in Ohio. I did some research and found out that they were only sold as fleet vehicles to rental car companies. Anyone have any info on these?
Old February 26th, 2012, 8:34 PM
CF Junior Member

Really? Not one response?
Old March 6th, 2012, 7:40 PM
CF Beginner

I have seen a number of the Captiva's heree on Maui - the boat load must have arrived in February. They are fleet-only and are based on the old Saturn Vue.
Old November 19th, 2012, 6:41 AM
CF Beginner

You go to Sanibel and cross the bridge.
Old May 15th, 2013, 4:49 AM
CF Beginner

Captiva is just a superb SUV. It is the chevy's answer to the Honda's iconic CRV which has recently launched its new version. The captiva certainly looks more commanding and has a bunch of futuristic gadgets. The power also outgrows the Japanese giant
Old August 5th, 2013, 8:23 PM
CF Beginner

Default Captiva and Saturn Vue

Owned an ,08 Vue XR and wife was so pleased with it we bought a Cativa LT.
Old April 11th, 2014, 8:40 AM
CF Beginner

Default The one we found previous rental vehicle.

2013 LTZ loaded, leather, sun roof, heated seats, everything but GPS. Only 15,000 miles on it wife drove it loved it because it sits up high and she can see all around like a truck driver. I saw the car fax previously rental vehicle dealer bought it at the sale. She drove it on two road trips said can't ask for a better road car and it scoots around town good town car. Gas mileage not impressive 25 MPG but going to get that checked out tomorrow. I'll report back and wud appreciate you good folks posting your mileage here.
Old April 12th, 2014, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

They are wonderful cars. Had a '08 Vue XR and my wife loved it so we bought a '12 Captiva with everything on it. We have 28K and no problems...highly recommend it for value, appearance, etc.
Old April 13th, 2014, 9:32 AM
CF Beginner

Default Dealer checked it out from head to toe, good to go.

Left it there they checked everything relative to engine gas mileage said it has two computers, one for the body and one for the engine but they can interact. All our O2 sensors working perfect and if she gets 25 to 26 MPG that is par for town combined with city driving. So we're good to go dealer couldn't have been nicer and like the old adage goes: "if Ma'ma ain't happy nobody is happy." Happy Wife, happy life . . . . ."
Old April 20th, 2014, 11:00 AM
CF Beginner

My wife has a 2012 Chevy Captiva. We are having a issue with the key ignition. When she puts the car in park and tries to turn the ignition off and take the key out the key doesn't come out. She has to take the car out of park and then put it back in park. then the key comes out. The key cylinder has been replaced by the dealer but it continues to do it. Any help will be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Captiva