Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

1999 Chevy cavalier ls cluster problem

Search this Thread

Old December 14th, 2015, 4:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1999 Chevy cavalier ls cluster problem

I'm new with cars it's my first car and it has a problem with the cluster the speedo works but the other gauges will flicker and the dash lights will go on and off I was wondering is there a problem with wiring or the cluster on the 1999 Chevy cavalier ls 2.4L
Old December 14th, 2015, 7:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

they did have a lot of cluster problems.

Not sure the year, but older models have the cluster as part of the theft deterrent system. Replacing the cluster on these years requires theft deterrent relearning or the vehicle won't start.
Old December 15th, 2015, 7:54 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ashtonstrish
I'm new with cars it's my first car and it has a problem with the cluster the speedo works but the other gauges will flicker and the dash lights will go on and off I was wondering is there a problem with wiring or the cluster on the 1999 Chevy cavalier ls 2.4L
Hi, We are new vendors to the forum but would like to offer you assistance on the cluster issues with your Cavalier.

We can help find a good working replacement cluster for you but you would have to take the car in to the dealer for any kind of security programming.

Give us a call and we can give you more details on how to proceed. Hope to help you out on this soon, we know how frustrating these issues can be.

Thanks,