Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

HVAC panel not lighting up fix, 95-02.

Search this Thread

Old July 24th, 2007, 9:59 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC panel not lighting up fix, 95-02.

Well I was having a issue with my hvac panel not lighting up. Also I noticed that it used led type bulbs instead of halogens. I tried to pull them out but I couldn't get them. Well I have a 89 beretta gt parts car at my house and looked at that. Well I discovered that the harness colors for the lighting are the same. I cut the yellow and grey wire out and walked back to my cavalier and the bulb sockets fit into the cavaliers hvac panel like a glove. I proceeded to cut the yellow and grey wire and just twisted them together. I hit the light switch and instantly they light up. I must say they're a slight bit brighter as well. So I pulled the wires back apart used a couple butt connectors and connected the wires together and wrapped electrical tape around them. I put everything back together and now it works perfect and your able to change the bulbs with ease. Just though that I would let everyone know that has had this issue.
Old August 31st, 2007, 6:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: HVAC panel not lighting up fix, 95-02.

thanks for posting this im having the same problem right now.