Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

2000 cavalier miss or revv

Search this Thread

Old March 3rd, 2017, 5:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 cavalier miss or revv

I have a 2000 Chevy cavalier LS 2.2L automatic. Over the past 4 months there has been one problem i can't figure out. The car misses or chugs ONLY when i let off the gas pedal, other wise it never misses a beat.
It's not always consistent though.
I've replaced these parts so far with no luck: fuel pressure regulator, throttle position sensor, fuel filter, spark plugs and up stream and down stream oxg sensors
Currently there is no check engine light on, although it does come on every now and then. when it is there the code come up as evap system... which tells me nothing.
I have notice something odd lately. The car doesn't always have this problem, it comes and goes with days as the period of time. On the days that this doesn't happen something else does. When decelerating the car will rev up and down whenever i'm around 30mph. when it revs its jumping up and down from 600 to 1200 rmp. but as soon as i touch the gas peddle it goes away, or when i get close to stopping it stops.
I believe the two problems are somehow related, but they never happen in the same day of each other
When the car is parked it seems to idle perfectly normal.
Anyone got any ideas for me?
Old April 11th, 2017, 9:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Try cleaning the throttle body. If that doesnt work I would try new coil packs! Good luck!