Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevrolet Cars > Cavalier
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2000 chevy cavalier will not start

ok. i will try to give as much info as possible so maybe someone will know what is going on. i have a 2000 chevy cavalier with a 2.2l engine and it died while driving and will not restart. it will turn over. i sprayed starting fluid in the throttle and it will not start. i can hear the fuel pump kick on and the relay is fine. it has spark (i checked twice). i put a code reader on it and it has no codes.i have checked the fuses and now i officially have no idea where to go from here. oh and the timing chain was replaced on it less than 2 years ago. thanks for any help you can give.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 04-03-2012, 12:53 PM
CF Veteran

Check the crank sensor and the cam sensor. They usually throw a code, but anything is possible.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:24 PM
CF Beginner

thanks for answering. i did pick up a new crank sensor but i thought if it was that sensor that you wouldnt get spark. but i guess for a $15 dollar part it wont hurt.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:24 PM

Tags
2000, 20002012, 22l, cavalier, chevy, codes, controls, crank, fire, fuse, ignition, issues, spark, start, starting, switch, wont