Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

2002 Cavalier starting problems

Search this Thread

Old May 6th, 2012, 4:57 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2002 Cavalier starting problems

car cranks but does not start. sometimes it starts after a while and sometimes it takes weeks to start. Iīve told that it was the alarm, I took it off and didnīt do it for a while but the it did it again. Then they told me I wasnīt using an original key so $40 after the same for a while didnt do it an then it did it again.Anti theft light goes on after driving for a while
Old May 19th, 2012, 11:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joemalo
car cranks but does not start. sometimes it starts after a while and sometimes it takes weeks to start. Iīve told that it was the alarm, I took it off and didnīt do it for a while but the it did it again. Then they told me I wasnīt using an original key so $40 after the same for a while didnt do it an then it did it again.Anti theft light goes on after driving for a while
If Anti theft light is blinking its missing something to its thinking process of trying to start and thinks its being stolen and will disable all fuel injection i believe or spark not sure but will not let engine start. This is very odd. Another thing to listen for when it does not start is the fuel pump if you do not hear a loud whine comming from the rear your fuel pump is on its way out. Brace your self cause it is not cheap to replace. Been there done that. BUT if your lucky and its anti theft system is getting tripped you simply have a loose wire but being that the light comes on it should start after you shut the car off regardless if there is something missing. I somehow disabled myne permently and i can use my remote start now