Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

93 Cavalier Z24 Turbo

Search this Thread

Old August 28th, 2014, 6:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 Cavalier Z24 Turbo

So I've come to a dilemma, I got my first car recently and I would like to turbo it. The problem is that its a Cavalier, I have had people tell me that its not possible and I don't know what to do. I have come across a Garrett GT1752S turbo that I bought off a friend. He tells me that I can turbo my car with it, but I am getting more and more discouraged at what I find. I have been looking at parts like a Intercooler and Cold Air Intake and I finally tried looking for an exhaust manifold for both my Cavalier and Turbo and I'm coming up with nothing. My Question I guess is, "Can I actually make this work?". Is there any way I can hook this thing up and get it going? Right now the HP sucks complete d!<%, which is why I want to do it. I'm also new at this, so if anyone could round up a list of parts and vendors needed to do this I would greatly appreciate it.

Additional details: Cavalier has about 81,000Km, or 51,000Mi on it. Been sitting in a garage for about 21Yrs, and has only been driven in the summer by the previous owner(old lady). It was also manufactured in Canada because of the dash being in the Metric System. Basically near mint condition, so I don't really care that its an older car. I am 17 so I'm realistically going to sell this thing in like 7-8Yrs so I feel it'll be a long term investment for me so any maintenance tips would be appreciated. I'm on a high school budget so $1,500 is probably as far as I'm willing to go in price.

I know its a long post but one last thing. If it isn't possible to turbo it at all for hopefully less than $1,500 then what could I possibly do to increase Torque, HorsePower(HP), and possibly add performance boost and value to the car. All help and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
Old August 28th, 2014, 11:12 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MrBlaze1357
So I've come to a dilemma, I got my first car recently and I would like to turbo it. The problem is that its a Cavalier, I have had people tell me that its not possible and I don't know what to do. I have come across a Garrett GT1752S turbo that I bought off a friend. He tells me that I can turbo my car with it, but I am getting more and more discouraged at what I find. I have been looking at parts like a Intercooler and Cold Air Intake and I finally tried looking for an exhaust manifold for both my Cavalier and Turbo and I'm coming up with nothing. My Question I guess is, "Can I actually make this work?". Is there any way I can hook this thing up and get it going? Right now the HP sucks complete d!<%, which is why I want to do it. I'm also new at this, so if anyone could round up a list of parts and vendors needed to do this I would greatly appreciate it.

Additional details: Cavalier has about 81,000Km, or 51,000Mi on it. Been sitting in a garage for about 21Yrs, and has only been driven in the summer by the previous owner(old lady). It was also manufactured in Canada because of the dash being in the Metric System. Basically near mint condition, so I don't really care that its an older car. I am 17 so I'm realistically going to sell this thing in like 7-8Yrs so I feel it'll be a long term investment for me so any maintenance tips would be appreciated. I'm on a high school budget so $1,500 is probably as far as I'm willing to go in price.

I know its a long post but one last thing. If it isn't possible to turbo it at all for hopefully less than $1,500 then what could I possibly do to increase Torque, HorsePower(HP), and possibly add performance boost and value to the car. All help and suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.
Umm, You are pretty crazy for sure.

Try V6Z24 | Moon's Cavalier Z24 Page

There was a guy in puerto rico that had a pretty crazy setup back in the day... but that was on the v6jody list...

Honestly - you wouldn't be adding any value to the car, especially at that age. Who would pay you car + turbo install costs after you beat on it?

And at "21 years" - your gaskets are probably ready to blow, let alone the transmission.

At least answer this - What is the first digit of your VIN?
Old August 29th, 2014, 9:11 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the first number is 1