Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Cavalier turns over won't start - fuel pump doesn't get power

Search this Thread

Old February 14th, 2010, 12:01 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cavalier turns over won't start - fuel pump doesn't get power

I have a 93 Cavalier RS 3.1 Litre V6. I went to start it one day and it just turns over and won't start. I disconnected the fuel filter and used the direct power feed under the hood by connecting it to the battery and the fuel pump turns on and shoots out gas. I checked the fuse under the dash and it is good, I replaced the fuel pump relay under the hood, and it still doesn't start. I took off the connecter to the relay, ran a wire to the battery from the connecter power line, and the fuel pump turns on and shoots out gas. I'm not sure why it doesn't work when I turn the key on and turn it over. Any suggestions? Does the ECM go bad on these things? Any help is appreciated!
Old August 10th, 2010, 5:23 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have almosty the same problem. Mine is a 93 with a 4 cylinder. It keeps blowing the ecm fuse which also runs the fuel pump. If you find any answers please let me know..... Good luck

totc60