Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Code po 455

Old May 17th, 2009, 8:36 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Code po 455

Hi, I have a 2004 Cavalier which I just bought and the check engine light came on. I scanned it and it reads po 455, which is evap canister system large leak. Can anybody tell me what might cause this other than "tighten gas cap" . I've installed a new gas cap and even made a ring for on gas cap to make it extra tight. Light still comes on, so I don't think that is the problem. I have a feeling that Chevy has put a part in the system that is more prone to failure than others so if anyone has had this problem could you please tell me what you replaced to fix the problem. Also does anyone have a diagram of the evac. system? Thanks
Old May 17th, 2009, 8:41 AM
CF Junior Member

I have only one more problem with my 04 Cavalier (that I know of), the cable slipped off the heater control, making the air come out the same place no matter whether you had the air on or the heater. I replaced the cable back on the arm of the control and to my surprise it doesn't work as good with the cable connected! I'm in the process of taking the cable back off the arm and just adjusting the heat door by pulling on the cable. Anybody got a better idea? I'd prefer to control it with the **** but that doesn't seem to work well. ??
Old May 17th, 2009, 2:07 PM
CF Junior Member

Sorry I put my second post in the wrong place. I have started a new post. Just disregard the above about the heater.