Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

i need help asap....

Old September 5th, 2010, 12:42 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation i need help asap....

Ok so have a problem with my 1996 4 cyl cavy. I chirped the tires, and the ets light came on, the speedometer stopped working and the car wouldnt shift out of first gear. Its an auto btw. Sometimes is seemed to shift into second but not every time. When you let go of the gas, say at about 4k rpm, the car seems to apply the clutch and almost put the car into neutral. After about 20 min of driving, it seemed like the car released this clutch and all of a sudden the ets light went off, the check engine light came on, and the transmission started to work flawlessly. No joke, it worked perfectly. I put it in park, then drive, and drove away, still worked. Ok so then i pulled over put the car in park, turned off the engine, restarted it and what do ya know, all the **** happened again. I am clueless here and would appreciate any help at all. Thanks in advanced
Old September 5th, 2010, 10:44 AM
CF Pro Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

might be crap clogging passages, or a weak pump, shoprt of rebuilding, you could try changing fluid and filter