Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Getting 25 mpg, whats wrong with my car? 62K miles, read details!

Search this Thread

Old October 25th, 2013, 4:29 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting 25 mpg, whats wrong with my car? 62K miles, read details!

So I just bought an 02 cavalier with 62K miles. Got it for a steal because it was a salvage title. Did a vin check and only thing I learned was it was a salvage title and then someone rebuilt it a little over a year later after being sold at an auction with only 15K miles on it then. Anyway, so it drives great and looks like an old person owned it in a garage! The only problem is that is only gets 25 mpg. I have put new tires on it, had it aligned, oil/ filter, coolant, trans filter/ fluid, fuel filter, plugs & wires, and new brakes/ rotors. So of course the biggest fear is bent frame, but it looks great underneath and the alignment checked out cross ways too. The only thing I can think of is the hub assembly/ bearings may be starting to go a little, but I can't hear any extra noise when going around a corner. So please any ideas or tips and what does your car get as far as mpg cuz my 95 I used to have got 31 consistently.