Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Guys got oil leak problem need help.

Search this Thread

Old May 24th, 2008, 3:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys got oil leak problem need help.

well its a 2003 Cavalier 2.2l. So i've been finding oil leaks right under the power steering pump next to the oil filter housing. And no its not the left over oil after replacing the filter because I had cleaned the area onces and week later the oils back and I don't see any oil spots around the filter housing either. got the picture rite here showing the arrow.

So I looked under neat and I saw that the car has bad trans pan gasket cause I see fresh fluid out between the gasket and the pan. I'm still wondering where the heck is this oil dripping out of? I did see oil on the oil pan bolts but only on couple of them. But where the heck is the oil dripping from the top? I'm just thinking of doing the trans gask and oil pan gasket this weekend at home. anyone got any other suggestions?
Old May 24th, 2008, 7:48 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Guys got oil leak problem need help.

I would change those gaskets then see if it still leaks. Its most likely your oil pan gasket.
Old December 28th, 2012, 10:06 AM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Did you ever find out what was causing the leak? I have the same problem and cant figure it out