Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Has anyone found custom fog lights for a Cavalier?

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2014, 7:56 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Has anyone found custom fog lights for a Cavalier?

I have been looking for fog lights for my 1999 Cavalier but can't find exactly what I want. I'm looking to transform the bumper corner marker into a fog light. Seemed like an ordinary sounding project but no one makes any. If anyone knows where I could find such a thing the info would be appreciated. Otherwise my idea is to get a set of corner markers from the junkyard. Find a nice set of round fog lights. Get a cheap plastic kids cup that's the perfect size to fit the fog lights into. Drill hole in the back of the cup for wires to go through. Protect that with a rubber grommet. Drill a hole straight through the corner lens from the front big enough for the kid cup to fit. Push the kid cup in the hole and Mark where to cut it to make it flush with the face of the corner marker. Remove the cup then cut it to fit. Put it back in and cement it to the lens and make sure it's secure. Sand it and paint it however you want. Then put the fog lights in the cup and wire it however you needed to after you reinstall the completed assembly. Any suggestions on my fog light idea on how to improve it would be appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read all this.