Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Help with Fuel Pump Fuse...

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2014, 2:02 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Fuel Pump Fuse...

Hi everybody,

I've had my 99 Cavalier for four years now and it's been relatively good to me. However, on my way to school the other day, my car died as I accelerated up past 80 km/h.

Anyway, after some tinkering, we realized it was blowing the fuel pump injection fuse. We re-did some wires that looked out of whack, but no luck.

We disconnected the fuel pump relay, and the fuse doesn't blow. With the relay in, it blows. We got a new relay and have experienced the exact same results.

From doing a little research online, that would point you towards the fuel pump. My one concern with that is that the car has started twice during our attempts, once for about 10 minutes. However, as soon as we put the car into drive, it would blow the fuse. Could that still be the fuel pump?

Any other ideas? I'm a college student, so I don't want to go around wasting money on parts that have nothing to do with the issue.

Thanks for any help.
Old January 17th, 2014, 8:05 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

is a p0200 dtc set?