Leaking trans gasket - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevrolet Cars > Cavalier

Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-01-2011, 03:15 PM
CF Beginner
Angry Leaking trans gasket

just replaced the gasket and filter on a 2002 cavalier transmission, and its still leaking, i only used alittle sealant on the gasket pan so that the gasket would stick to the pan and then all i had to do was bolt it on but its still leaking, and i cant get the level bolt out beacuse i cant find the right wrench/rachet any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:26 AM
CF Junior Member

Gasket is covered in plastic with rubber seals embossed in them, the plastic cracks, now a days most of the mechanics used an improved gasket that's steel with rubber embossed in them instead of plastic, use the same so you will never have the problem again.