Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Omg! Someone plz help me...03 Chev Cav.

Search this Thread

Old April 25th, 2016, 9:06 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Omg! Someone plz help me...03 Chev Cav.

I need help plz. I'm not a mechanic or have much for tools. Or money. And this is my family only car. We bought it at an car auction about four months ago. And ran great with no problems except for starter bendix gear going out. One morning about 3-4 weeks ago starter was gone. As in no more in gagging with flywheel. I changed starter with a used one from a pull-a-part on account of not much $ right now. Afterwards starter now work as in car was cranking over trying to start but wouldn't. Since only problem I have had thus far was starter I thought ok I'll try another one.. ok three starters later in still no start. I have since tried nomourous parts ect with no luck. I know it has a quarter tank of fuel. I even put another 5gal in it to make sure. I can hear fuel pump working. And have plenty of fuel & presure all the way up to fuel rail. I also changed fuel filter. Spark plugs on account it's got fuel & now with starter cranking & trying to start. Also this Cav has a 2.2l OHC engine. I have replaced ignition modual, coil pack, jump started it. Checked all fuses inside & under hood. Replaced relays. Chechedwith test light that I'm getting power to starter sulonoid. I am. I also tryed some sensoreS with no luck. Idk Someone out there please tell me what I have to do to get this damn car to start and run again please. Tyvm.
Old April 26th, 2016, 2:57 AM
CF Junior Member

Is the engine cranking now but won`t start? Plugs getting fire? If so, pour a little gas down the throttle body and try to start. If it trys to run, check your fuel pressure. Just because you have fuel pressure doesn`t mean that you have ENOUGH fuel pressure. P.S. Gas fouled wet plugs will hardly fire at all if any. Especially under compression.
Old May 6th, 2016, 2:32 AM
CF Beginner

Car will crank over like it should trying to start. But will not. Even by pouring a little fuel directly in throttle body. Or with trying starting fluid. Plugs are dry. It's like it gets 's no spark maybe not sure. I never had this type of engine before. (2.2L OHC ENGINE) coil packs instead of plug wires ect.
Old May 6th, 2016, 2:35 AM
CF Beginner

Also someone told me to check crank sensor because thats what was wrong with his car. Also took him weeks to figure out. So I'm going to try that next I guess?