Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Plastic molding under convertible top.

Search this Thread

Old March 4th, 2014, 11:49 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic molding under convertible top.

Hello I have a 97 Cavalier LS Convertible. The Plastic molding on the front under side of the convertible top that is use to pull down the top to latch it has cracked. I have gone to the dealer to look for that part and they told me that that part is no longer available. I have been looking in Junk Yards for that part (and also from Sunfires) to no avail. I was wondering if there was any place I could get or order one. Thanks in advance.
Old July 18th, 2014, 6:06 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plastic modling

Originally Posted by Hank1972
Hello I have a 97 Cavalier LS Convertible. The Plastic molding on the front under side of the convertible top that is use to pull down the top to latch it has cracked. I have gone to the dealer to look for that part and they told me that that part is no longer available. I have been looking in Junk Yards for that part (and also from Sunfires) to no avail. I was wondering if there was any place I could get or order one. Thanks in advance.
Did you ever find that peice?im driving myself crazy ive checked everywhere and no luck i dont want to have to keep a tarp over my car forever