Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Transaxle mount question 2000 cavalier

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2013, 6:58 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transaxle mount question 2000 cavalier

Hi I have to change the transaxle mount inserts on my 2000 cavalier 2.2 L 4 cyl automatic. I am a little confused on this, because the haynes manual makes it sound easy and other places I have looked online it has me removing the metal bracket in the engine compartment, along with a lot of other stuff to do this. Here is my question when replacing the rubber insert only do I have to take off the whole bracket or can I just replace the insert without doing all the other stuff. The confusion is that their is big bracket that attaches inside the engine compartment, and then their is a small bracket that is connected inside the drivers side tire well. This is what the haynes book says about changing transmission mount. ( To replace mount, support the transaxle with a jack, remove nuts and bolts,and remove the mount. It may be necessary to raise the transaxle slightly to provide enough clearance to remove the mount. Installation is the reverse of removal) That is it. Is this the instruction for replacing the rubber insert? This link shows a different way I found http://www.justanswer.com/chevy/1b6z...-cavalier.html. Which way is the correct way for just replacing the insert? Thanks in advance.