Cavalier Starting in the 1980s. the Cavalier made a name for itself by offering an affordable 2 and 4 door compact.
Platform: J-body

Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old April 26th, 2014, 9:39 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrades

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24

Looking to make my car a little 'nicer'. Just random things. I'll list a few things that I want to change out in my car. Please let me know if any of this is possible and where I could find the parts for it:

-Soft suspension. Seriously, the ride in the Cavy is sooo bumpy and I just want to make it smooth like a new car. As in, I want to hit a crater and not feel it, versus hitting a quarter and the whole car shaking.

-Electronic steering. I'm comparing the steering in this car to say a Chevrolet Cruze (which I test drove the other day). The steering was so smooth in it, I think it'd have to be electronic instead of the power steering that I have (if there's a difference...I don't know anything about steering systems). Trying to lessen the amount of force it takes to turn the wheel.

-2009 Chevrolet Cobalt steering wheel. There are a ton of aftermarket steering wheels out there, but I really just want the legit stock wheel (IF it would be compatible with my car. Obviously buttons and things on it wouldn't do anything, but that's okay).

-A new automatic shifter. I know they sell these at AutoZone for $15, but it doesn't seem possible to just remove the handle of the shifter on my car. I'm pretty sure it's all welded together, so I have no idea what to do with it, or if anything is even possible.

I've got other things I want to change out, but these are the ones I really have no idea where to begin or where to look for info. Any help would be great. Thanks!