Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2007 Cobalt electrical issue-Help!

Old May 1st, 2011, 8:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

Originally Posted by 07cobalt
Hi everyone. I'm new to forums and this is my first post. Last week I bought my fiance' a 2007 Cobalt LS 2 door 5 speed with 43k miles. It is a pretty basic model which has no power window/locks. The second day we had it while I was out, I noticed that the drivers door speaker stopped working. I thought that for some reason that speaker just died. As I approched a stop light I put on the turn signal. The light in the dash flashed accordingly as did the outside indicators, but the little "tick tock" or "ding" type noise that tells you your blinker is on also had stopped working.

Later that evening while on a seperate trip, the drivers speaker started playing again AND the turn signal sound came back to life. They are somehow definately related as the same problem happens basically on a daily basis now. If one is out, them they both are out...if one is working then they both are working. I've looked thru the book at the fuse box and under hood fuses but don't really see where they would run off the same fuse, etc. I'm at a loss as the rear drivers or other front speaker never goes out. Thinking possibly a ground issue somewhere (???) but have no idea even where to begin to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The dealership I bought it from was no help as they were only willing to honor the power train warranty, and wouldn't even take a look at it without charging me. Thanks in advance!-Matt
inspect the wiring in the left front door jam where it passes from the body at the a-pillar into the door. pull back the rubber cover. some wires may be partially broken. You may also want to remove the door panel and check for signal at the speaker terminal when the fault is present. If no voltage check output from the radio.
Old May 2nd, 2011, 8:58 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Kasey, I understand how it can be having a child and a vehicle that requires repair. If you speak to your dealership they would be able to get you back up and running. If you require more assistance then you can contact our Customer Assistance team as well. You can get a case setup and our team will assist you in working with your dealership to get a resolution for you. You can also send me your contact information and I will setup a case for you as well. I hope this helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old July 12th, 2011, 9:21 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a cobalt 2006. the airbag light is on at all times, also the passenger airbag light is off, I took the car to the dealer and they said that the airbag module has to be replaced and the passenger seat sensor too. Now i did replace everything but everything remains the same. I check with the computer and the code b0081 still there, I wonder, what is going on? Does anybody has an idea? thanks for reading..
Old September 11th, 2011, 11:57 AM
CF Beginner

Default Blinker/Door Ajar/Driver Speaker Issue

Hey- I am having the SAME EXACT problem with my 2007 Cobalt! My driver door speaker does not work, the blinker "tick" noise does not work & the door/trunk ajar "ding" also does not work- & all of these issues occurred at the same time. Were you ever able to find the cause of the problem?

Thanks for any help!
Old September 28th, 2011, 12:14 PM
CF Beginner

new to forum please forgive if wrong
2007 cobalt last time i drove was fine, put key in ignition tried to start nothing, key would not come out and i have no power. i have retrieved the key by pushing button on inside of steering column but still have no power and everytime i need to remove key i have to push button on bottom of steering column. no power to anything any suggestions?
Old September 28th, 2011, 6:26 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you lost your battery. There's a remote positive terminal under the hood that's used for jump starting. Check the voltage between it and a chassis ground. I suspect you won't see anywhere close to 12V. Next, find the battery in the trunk and then check the voltage across the terminals and condition of the battery cables. I've seen in many cases that one cable was badly corroded and about ready to fall off the terminal.
Old July 31st, 2012, 8:15 PM
CF Beginner

Default Out of Options

I have a 2007 Cobalt and a few years ago I began having a variety of problems. My service air bag light and engine light came on, I lost sound in my front speakers, and my vehicle would shift hard or give the feeling of slipping. I have had connectors replaced, air bag sensors replaced, seat belts replaced, my transmission has been serviced, and my problems are still a mystery. Any time I travel over 30 miles and sometimes even as little as 5 miles my car will shift hard, and my speakers go in an out, my service airbag light has been reset so it does not show anymore, but my service engine light will appear and occasionally my car will begins to overheat. I recently had a free diagnostic run at Advanced Auto and they found 2 codes; 90700 and 91816. Both of which are transmission codes but the mechanics keep telling me that my transmission is fine. I was recently told that a broken seat belt/ airbag sensor had gone bad and that in order to fix all my problems that piece must be replaced and after $500 of this part and that part, I'm still having the same the problem just without the constant airbag light. I would really like some help with this, it would be greatly appreciated. I cannot keep this up and I really love my car!
Old April 10th, 2013, 7:41 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2007 left speaker

Customer assistance was really no help. They contacted the dealership, but the dealership was unwilling to waive the diagnostic fees, so I guess I'm back at square one
I have the same problem i will replace speakers today and let you know
Old April 11th, 2013, 5:07 PM
CF Beginner

Thumbs up driver side speaker problem solved just replcace speaker

Hi everyone. I'm new to forums and this is my first post. Last week I bought my fiance' a 2007 Cobalt LS 2 door 5 speed with 43k miles. It is a pretty basic model which has no power window/locks. The second day we had it while I was out, I noticed that the drivers door speaker stopped working. I thought that for some reason that speaker just died. As I approched a stop light I put on the turn signal. The light in the dash flashed accordingly as did the outside indicators, but the little "tick tock" or "ding" type noise that tells you your blinker is on also had stopped working.

Later that evening while on a seperate trip, the drivers speaker started playing again AND the turn signal sound came back to life. They are somehow definately related as the same problem happens basically on a daily basis now. If one is out, them they both are out...if one is working then they both are working. I've looked thru the book at the fuse box and under hood fuses but don't really see where they would run off the same fuse, etc. I'm at a loss as the rear drivers or other front speaker never goes out. Thinking possibly a ground issue somewhere (???) but have no idea even where to begin to look. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The dealership I bought it from was no help as they were only willing to honor the power train warranty, and wouldn't even take a look at it without charging me. Thanks in advance!-Matt
just replace the driver side speaker its very easy
Old April 11th, 2013, 5:11 PM
CF Beginner

2007 cobalt driver side speaker problem solved I just replaced the speaker and all works great

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2007 Cobalt electrical issue-Help!