Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

HELP Needed....Possible BCM issue

Old April 8th, 2012, 7:48 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry HELP Needed....Possible BCM issue

Ok, where to begin? I bought my wife a 2008 Cobalt LT, almost 3 years ago. Since the first day we drove it away from the lot we have had nothing but problems. First I will explain the most recent / serious issue.
About 5 months ago she rolled the (power) window down at a drive through and it wouldn't go back up. I found that the fuse was blown. I replaced the fuse and as soon as she tried the window switch, it blew again. I was now frustrated due to having to track down an electrical short. Well now 5 months later i finally get around to trying to check it out. I put in a new fuse and first try the passenger front window, it works great. Then the rear windows, also working great. Then the driver window, goes down then up then down again. When I go to roll it up again the fuse blows. Now I know (assume) that it is an issue with the switch or motor in the driver door. The engine then shut off, and everything is dead.
1. Turn key- Diagnostic Center comes on and advises of several problems. Engine will not turn at all. Radio, emergency flashers, lights, door locks, etc will not come on.
2. Knowing that all of these particular issues are all controlled by the BCM, I plan on replacing it tomorrow, I have one on a wrecked cobalt at the body shop where i work part time.

3. ???? Will the BCM have to be programmed for the passlock to work, or is this done by the Passlock module in the ignition?

next, the front end is shaking so bad at times, it feels as if the wheels are about to fall off. I have replaced EVERYTHING in the front end. The recall on the steering motor, struts, lower control arms, wheel bearings, and Steering rack. I am about to replace the rotors and pads for the second time. If this does not cure it, I may try the gasoline/match approach.

Any Help / suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Jason