Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevrolet Cars > Cobalt
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2012, 12:44 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2008 Cobalt Ignition Switch

Hello, My daughter has a problem with her Cobalt. It seems that the key is stuck and will not rotate to start the car. This happened for the first time the other day and hasn't allowed her to start the car since. She told me she parked on an incline, so I suggested she "wiggle" the shift lever and do the same to the steering wheel to see if the park lock or steering wheel lock was interfering with smooth key operation. After several people tried (I was not present) her Mother decided to tow it to the dealer where it awaits service.

My question to you is has anyone had a similar experience? What was the cause? What was the fix? Is this a common problem? Will Chevrolet possibly fix it under a recall situation?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Steve.
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:19 PM
Official GM Rep

GMLouisFischer

Spartans_78,

It is possible that this was caused by a shift control linkage being out of adjustment. Another possibility is the ignition lock cylinder needs to be replaced. These are only suggestions, they are not meant as a diagnosis.

Please keep us posted as to the diagnosis from the dealer.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old 03-27-2012, 03:19 PM

Tags
08, 2008, chang, chevy, cobalt, colbalt, cylinder, hot, ignition, lock, locks, problems, recall, replace, switch