Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Check engine light and "Check Traction Control" message

Search this Thread

Old January 23rd, 2011, 9:56 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check engine light and "Check Traction Control" message

I've got a 2009 Cobalt 4-door LS and it's starting to throw check engine lights and the message "check traction control." Anyone had this? I will get it to the shop but curious if others have experienced the same.
Old January 31st, 2011, 11:28 AM
CF Beginner

a lot of new gms are throwing codes sayin lost comm with tcm not sure why ive seen it on malibus impalas and exuinox
Old February 5th, 2011, 1:46 PM
CF Beginner

Winds up the head gaskets and such were failing which was altering the internal environment enough to trigger "service traction" warnings. It has been in the shop for a few days getting this plus an exhaust leak fixed. Not too excited since I only have 59,000 miles on this 2009 Cobalt.
Old March 28th, 2011, 8:37 PM
CF Beginner

I've currently having this same problem and this is the third explanation I've found...lol One guy had a problem with his tranny, the next guy had a problem with a wheel bearing that was causing the service traction notice to come on. Now the head gasket. Wtf...
Old April 3rd, 2011, 3:26 PM
CF Beginner

i have a 2003 hd2500 with 125000 miles with error code 0601. It starts idles really rough and is undriveable. dont know what it is. have spent money on throttle body with no results. please help. first code was p1516 now its 0601.

Last edited by Beauminor; April 3rd, 2011 at 3:29 PM.
Old April 3rd, 2011, 4:24 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

P0601 means the calculated checksum of the contents of the EEPROM did not match the checksum stored on the chip itself. If this happened after a flash update, something went wrong in the process. Otherwise, chances are, the PCM failed.
Old April 8th, 2011, 6:47 AM
CF Beginner

OK! So I've dropped my car at the stealership this morning to try to get this fixed. They said that they would call as soon as they knew something...still no call
Old August 29th, 2019, 8:38 PM
Gal
CF Beginner

Default I have a 2015 impala

Yes I know I am stupid for buying a 2015 with 120000 miles on it but I was in a tough spot and the dealers took such bad as a bandage of me well the second I got in the car actually like 2 days after driving it for a little bit and started feeling really bad smelling bad everything was wrong everything you could think of was wrong I went to a mechanic he said while he inspected it for me he said you have a failed catalyst converter you have a failed rotors and brakes you have failed broken windshield yes I bought a car with a broken windshield but they said they would fix it ... yeh I know , I'm a dummy.. failed the tires because two of them were very bald the battery is failed at a 11.9 and the dealer I bought it from is telling me unless the check engine light pops up there is nothing wrong with the car that you're crazy. well today the check engine light finally ( it's only bee.n A WEEK since I put a down payment.)popped on and then it went back off do you guys think that I'm right? And that I'm not crazy I know what I'm talkin about that this car is dangerous not saying all of them but this specific one is terrible, right? 2 mechanics, outside of the shop that I bought it from, said this car is dangerous please let me know

Last edited by Gal; August 29th, 2019 at 8:45 PM.