Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Chevy Cobalt 2007 Radio Station Issue

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2012, 11:12 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevy Cobalt 2007 Radio Station Issue

So what happened was a parked the car and went out to eat. When I got back in the car and began driving I tried to flip through the radio channels with the preset buttons and two of the buttons (preset 2 and 3) didn't work. Does anyone have any suggests on how to attack this problem or what the root cause could be? Thanks for the feedback!
Old May 5th, 2012, 12:12 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> HyperParty,

Could you please clarify the problem? What do you mean the preset buttons don't work? Can you re-program stations into them? Are those button used the most? Any clarification will be helpful.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old May 6th, 2012, 7:30 PM
CF Beginner

I've only owned the car for 2 weeks, don't know the history on it. The second and third preset buttons stopped functioning for some reason a day ago, so I couldn't use them to set stations or select stations that were already preset to them. Friend of mine went through a sequence of buttons on the radio inteface to reset the radio while I was in the store today and got the preset buttons working again, he can't remember the sequence. Any idea on how this could have occured?
Old May 7th, 2012, 7:30 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> HyperParty,

I'm not sure. I researched your vehicle, but couldn't find any known radio issues on 2007 Cobalt vehicles. I'm happy to hear that it is working again.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old April 3rd, 2015, 12:41 PM
CF Beginner

Default The buttons on my 2007 cobalt radio don't work

I'm having a similar problem. Buttons 1,2,4, and power don't work. I can press them all day long and nothing will happen. I hit the power button today so now I have no radio in my car because it doesn't work. Why is this happening and how can I fix it?