Go Back   Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums > Past Chevrolet Cars > Cobalt
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Welcome to Chevrolet forum!
Welcome to Chevrolet forum,

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to start new topics, reply to conversations, privately message other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Chevrolet forum today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2010, 10:54 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

Default Converting manual to power windows

I drive a 06 ls coupe. Just got done completely upgrading the audio and it's sounding great! However, it just doesn't feel right with the manual windows. Has anyone on here converted to power windows? My questions are: how much money did it cost you(assuming you had only basic tools to start), what tools are needed, how difficult was the conversion, how long did it take you, and any link to a walkthrough would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!
Register today for free or log-in if already registered to remove this ad!
Old 02-14-2010, 10:53 PM
CF Beginner
1993 Chevrolet Caprice

Well I am by no means an expert on the subject, but i think it would be much easier (and possibly cheaper) to buy doors that already have power windows. assuming you don't have a custom paint job getting the right color should be no problem; and I'm sure you could hawk the doors with manual windows to cover most of it. Be sure to post and let us know how this all turns out! =]
Old 02-15-2010, 02:25 PM
CF Veteran
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500

When I convert to power windows, I'm gonna go to a junkyard and just buy the doors and the neccasary wiring. It's jsut easier. My truck my be a lil mismatched in color, but wouldn't be the first Calico truck I've ever had.
entertainment, rednek style.
Vote in the May TOTM Contest
Old 02-15-2010, 11:38 PM
CF Veteran
2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

you could do what nautic plans to do or buy the track,actuator,necessary wiring,switches etc from a junkyard or dealer. but with that being said, getting the doors will probably be alot easier since everything is setup you'd just have to run the necessary wiring.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:38 PM

Tags
95, blazer, cavalier, chevy, convert, converted, converting, cost, gbody, manual, money, power, removing, s10, windows