Converting manual to power windows - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

Converting manual to power windows

New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

January 5th, 2010, 10:54 PM   #1  
Converting manual to power windows

I drive a 06 ls coupe. Just got done completely upgrading the audio and it's sounding great! However, it just doesn't feel right with the manual windows. Has anyone on here converted to power windows? My questions are: how much money did it cost you(assuming you had only basic tools to start), what tools are needed, how difficult was the conversion, how long did it take you, and any link to a walkthrough would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

CF Beginner

Red Lion

February 14th, 2010, 10:53 PM   #2  
Well I am by no means an expert on the subject, but i think it would be much easier (and possibly cheaper) to buy doors that already have power windows. assuming you don't have a custom paint job getting the right color should be no problem; and I'm sure you could hawk the doors with manual windows to cover most of it. Be sure to post and let us know how this all turns out! =]

CF Veteran

Danbury Texas

February 15th, 2010, 2:25 PM   #3  
When I convert to power windows, I'm gonna go to a junkyard and just buy the doors and the neccasary wiring. It's jsut easier. My truck my be a lil mismatched in color, but wouldn't be the first Calico truck I've ever had.

CF Veteran

sacramento,ca

February 15th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #4  
you could do what nautic plans to do or buy the track,actuator,necessary wiring,switches etc from a junkyard or dealer. but with that being said, getting the doors will probably be alot easier since everything is setup you'd just have to run the necessary wiring.

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors