Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Converting manual to power windows

Old January 5th, 2010, 10:54 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Converting manual to power windows

I drive a 06 ls coupe. Just got done completely upgrading the audio and it's sounding great! However, it just doesn't feel right with the manual windows. Has anyone on here converted to power windows? My questions are: how much money did it cost you(assuming you had only basic tools to start), what tools are needed, how difficult was the conversion, how long did it take you, and any link to a walkthrough would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I am by no means an expert on the subject, but i think it would be much easier (and possibly cheaper) to buy doors that already have power windows. assuming you don't have a custom paint job getting the right color should be no problem; and I'm sure you could hawk the doors with manual windows to cover most of it. Be sure to post and let us know how this all turns out! =]
Old February 15th, 2010, 2:25 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I convert to power windows, I'm gonna go to a junkyard and just buy the doors and the neccasary wiring. It's jsut easier. My truck my be a lil mismatched in color, but wouldn't be the first Calico truck I've ever had.
Old February 15th, 2010, 11:38 PM
CF Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you could do what nautic plans to do or buy the track,actuator,necessary wiring,switches etc from a junkyard or dealer. but with that being said, getting the doors will probably be alot easier since everything is setup you'd just have to run the necessary wiring.