Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

2009 Cobalt Headlight problem

Search this Thread

Old June 20th, 2010, 11:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2009 Cobalt Headlight problem

While driving home passenger side headlights are very dim when turning on high beam parking lights and headlights are dim. Driver side is working fine Any ideas I thought ground wire if anyone has diagram Thanks
Old June 22nd, 2010, 1:26 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Personally I would suggest having this work done at a dealership. You have the 3 year 36,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and the 5 year 100,000 mile powertrain warranty. You should be covered for a fix of this type under normal circumstances. I hope this information helps you.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Old August 26th, 2012, 10:26 AM
CF Beginner

Default 2009 chevy cobalt

im having problems also with my 2009 chevy cobalt when im driving my right headlight is very dim and at night when using my high beams i loose all power on that side my front signal will not work ive changed the bulb about five times just wasting money on that part so please if anyone knows how else to go about this please help its driving me crazy a car thats 3 yrs old should not be having these types of issues...
Old August 26th, 2012, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

unplug the r/f headlamp connector at the bulb
turn on the headlamp switch
with lowbeams on; do you have 12volts at the orange wire?

if yes plug the connector back in
provided an alternate ground for the light from the black wire.

If the light goes bright you have a resistance issue.

check the r/f marker bulb as its wired in series with the r/f headlamp...resistance there will drop voltage through the headlamp
Old August 30th, 2012, 1:33 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Lesley Finelli
im having problems also with my 2009 chevy cobalt when im driving my right headlight is very dim and at night when using my high beams i loose all power on that side my front signal will not work ive changed the bulb about five times just wasting money on that part so please if anyone knows how else to go about this please help its driving me crazy a car thats 3 yrs old should not be having these types of issues...
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> Lesley Finelli,

Has this issue been resolved? Have you had the vehicle inspected for this issue?

Please feel free to contact me privately with any questions or concerns.

I look forward to your reply.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old October 5th, 2012, 3:08 PM
New User
Awaiting E-mail Confirmation

You could have a bad ground somewhere on your headlights.
Old October 5th, 2012, 3:19 PM
CF Junior Member

check for 12 volts / or bad ground
Old January 28th, 2015, 10:51 PM
CF Beginner

Default Headlight

2006 Cobalt, headlights are dim when in bright mode. Anyone came across this issue, if so please advice.