Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

tire sensor warning light

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2015, 9:18 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tire sensor warning light

Just bought a 2010 Cobalt Lt for my girls, the tire warning light won't go off, all TP is normal except the LR which is --that's it. 1 the tires are not factory size, 2 when you get up around 60mph it shakes just slightly, thinking the tires need re balanced. My daughter also notices that the battery light will come on then flip off. Could it just be the tire size, balancing or the EGR Sensors causing it cause whoever put the new tire size upgrade on it just didn't reprogram the sensors. Any n all help appreciated. I know when I need help for my Jeep that forum has saved me money, n I want my girls to look here before a mechanic.... thanks
Old March 1st, 2015, 11:19 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts
Default tire pressure monitoring

tire warning light
if the sensor is displaying -- for a pressure reading; either the sensor is bad or it needs to be registered. just because the display says l/f does not mean the bad sensor is in the l/f location on the car...so don't change the wrong sensor.

the tire size has nothing to do with the problem tpm light. the shake may be a balance issue. Have a good look at the tires, if they are near junk replace them now while the tpm sensor is replaced.

the egr, if the car even has one, will not effect the tpm system.

This is an easy fix. I'm sure any shop can get this right.