Cobalt This sporty compact was faced with the difficult job of replacing the popular Cavalier, but whether the base model, or the supercharged SS is chosen, is has made for a great replacement.
Platform: Delta
Also Check out CobaltSS.net

Misfire Error Message Isn't Getting Fixed

Search this Thread

Old August 23rd, 2016, 9:27 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Misfire Error Message Isn't Getting Fixed

Hello! I have a 2009 Chevy Cobalt sedan. A few months ago, I started getting a check engine light, and it came up as a misfire. Someone changed my sparkplugs, it fixed the problem briefly, and then it came back. Took it back to the place where I bought it, they looked at the sparkplugs, and one of them was cracked, so they changed them all, and again, problem temporarily fixed. Took it back again, and they said the coils needed replacing. Again, temporary fix. They said finally that it must be that the fuel injectors were dirty, so they dumped cleaner in it. It ran more smoothly temporarily, and then the light came back AGAIN.

I'm at my wit's end at this point, and I'm really hesitant to take it anywhere for fear they're going to misdiagnose it again and I'm going to end up spending more money without the problem being fixed. Can anyone offer thoughts or suggestions? If you need more information, please let me know, and thanks in advance for the help!
Old August 23rd, 2016, 3:55 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Plug wires....
Old September 29th, 2016, 11:44 AM
CF Beginner

I kept getting MAF codes and had misfires, and stumbling and missing. After cleaning MAF, changing MAF, i had to finally change the wiring harness for the MAF. I cut it all out as far back, and soldered in the new one. The harness cover was all melted and brittle, and the nillions of wires inside were all stuck together. these cars suffer from undersized wires, and those plastic shields on top of the engine are holding in too much heat. The problems seemed to have gone away, need to see after a few thousand miles......
Old September 30th, 2016, 3:08 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Was the engine actually dieing?
Old October 3rd, 2016, 7:48 AM
CF Beginner

Not on mine, just bucking and there seemed to be a brief missfire enough to throw the missfire code also